Thank you for your interest in staffing Co-op Camp! Co-op Camp isn’t just for youth: If you’re a co-op sector or credit union system employee, elected official, SCYP alumnus or volunteer aged 17 years of age or up, consider volunteering to staff one of the SCYP camps this summer.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Each SCYP session is staffed by six to ten individuals. Your co-op knowledge and life experience - coupled with our three-day training program - will enable you to be part of participatory learning experiences while interacting with Saskatchewan youth.
Many co-op employers consider SCYP to be professional development for their staff, or allow them to take the time as part of their volunteer days.
The dedication and commitment of the Co-op Camp staff teams is a key component to the success of the Saskatchewan Co-operative Youth Program over the past 90 years.
Whether you are from the co-op sector or SCYP alumni; returning or applying for the first time, please take a moment to look through the information noted below.
- "All About Staffing at Co-op Camp" is updated every year and features details about staff training, camp dates and your responsibilities at camp.
- Read this special Co-op Camp staff feature article called "Co-op Camp Mythbusters" for the inside scoop on staffing Co-op Camp!
- Learn a bit more about Co-op Camp by listening to Spencer and Wes in the video at the bottom of this page. Shout out to Synergy Credit Union for the video!
- Check out some of our other SCYP pages and our media gallery to get a feel for that Co-op Camp "magic".
Applications for staff positions for 2019 will be posted early in the new year.
2019 Staff application deadline is TBA.
When you're ready to apply, select the applicable application form from below:
- For co-operative sector employees, elected officials and volunteers who want to staff Co-op Camp, please use the SECTOR APPLICATION FORM.
- For SCYP Alumni who have previously staffed Co-op Camp or who have been invited to apply, please use the ALUMNI APPLICATION FORM.
- 2018 SCYP Grad/Senior Grad Alumni who have been selected to apply as Junior Staff will receive their application in the mail by the end of January 2019.